How to Hire a Professional Home Remodeling Company in DFW
Dedicated to Providing Peace of Mind on Every Project
There are Hundreds of Home Remodeling Companies in DFW
You Can Hire the Right One for Your Dream Kitchen or
Bathroom or Whole House Project…
If You Start with Good Questions
We are providing this information to help you make an educated and informed hiring decision for your dream project.
It is natural to be anxious or nervous as you begin the remodeling process. Our industry gets plenty of bad press.
We are not trying to scare you. Our goal is to help you better understand the home remodeling industry and to provide you with suggested questions to ask every remodeling contractor you meet.
If you are ready to tackle a remodeling project, to update your kitchen, add on a master bedroom, transform your bathrooms or you simply want to improve the layout of your home, this information will help you eliminate less-than-desirable companies.
We will be pleased to provide you with a complete copy of our consumer checklist and step-by-step installation processes once we schedule our first meeting.
22 Questions to Ask…Before You Hire
So Your Project Won’t Turn Into a Home Remodeling Nightmare
We understand that asking all of these questions and requiring each remodeling contractor to provide their answer in writing may seem like a hassle, but that is a lot better than living through a home remodeling nightmare.
These questions will teach you a lot about the contractor’s reputation, policies, procedures and experience.
Here are 3 areas that we recommend you consider in evaluating every general or remodeling contractor that you seriously consider hiring:
- Reputation and Stability
- Agreements and Experience
- Service, Follow-up and Follow-through
For each area simply ask the questions and ask the general or remodeling contractor to provide the written evidence to support their answers.
Reputation and Stability
- How long have you been in business under your current business name?
- How much liability insurance do you carry and will your insurance agent send your Certificate of Insurance directly to us?
- Will you provide at least 10 customer references for work you completed this year?
- Will you provide a reference from your bank and at least 3 from your suppliers?
- How many years have you been a member of a professional industry association for remodelers or builders?
- Do you hold any professional designations related to your profession?
- Are you certified in Lead Safe Work Practices as required by Federal Law as of April 22, 2010?
- Have you ever declared bankruptcy for this or any other remodeling company you owned or that you owned a part of the company?
Agreements and Experience
- Do you provide fixed price quotes with a price guarantee or do you provide a base price with allowances?
- Do you provide design services as part of your services?
- What other services do you provide to help me make the right choices?
- How many home remodeling projects have you completed in the last 5 years?
- How many projects similar to mine have you completed in the last 5 years?
- What quality control procedures do you use to ensure customer satisfaction?
- What screening procedures do you use to hire your employees?
- How do you screen your subcontractors?
- What type of scheduling system do you use?
- How many years of experience does my project supervisor have and how long have they worked for your company?
Service and Follow-through
- What type of written warranty do you provide?
- Have you ever repaired a project after the warranty expired?
- What is your company policy on returning phone calls and emails?
- How often will you meet with me to review the progress of my project?
We hope that these questions give you some helpful guidelines for the type of information you need so you can make the best choice in hiring a professional remodeling contractor for your project.
Every genuine remodeling contractor in the DFW area will be able to easily answer these questions and will be willing to provide their answers in writing.
If you want in-depth information about choosing a professional remodeling contractor, we have created a very thorough guide that will help you even more. If you follow the guide you will significantly increase your chance of hiring the right remodeling contractor for your project. Everyone that has read our guide has thanked us. You can download the guide by entering your name and email address underneath the eBook image on the right column of this page.
We also provide our clients and prospective clients with the detailed answers to all of the above questions in writing at our first meeting. You can also learn more about us on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Many homeowners, like you, may be skeptical about whom to hire and bring into your home. I am sure you have heard plenty of horror stories about contractors. We understand that we work in an industry with one of the worst reputations.
We started LoneStar Property Solutions with the goal of delivering a new level of service in the home remodeling industry in DFW.
We strongly encourage you to speak with our clients so you will feel comfortable that your project will be completed as planned without the typical hassles and headaches that are commonly found in our industry.
Colleyville, Southlake, Grapevine, Keller, Arlington, Mid-Cities, Fort Worth, Lewisville, Flower Mound, Plano, Dallas and the Surrounding Communities